Corn with Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oil.
2. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomato, bell pepper, chili, ginger, tomato paste, malt vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, stock, sugar and salt.
4. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, removing the lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
5. Cool slightly and then puree by forcing through a sieve.
6. Slice stalks from the corn cobs.
7. Remove the leaves and the silk threads.
8. Place in a pan of boiling, salted water and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
9. Meanwhile, return the sauce to the pan, bring back to a boil, add sherry and simmer for a couple of minutes.
10. Pour over cobs and serve.