Corn Fritters Recipe
For savory fritters to serve with meats, omit nutmeg, and add few drops hot-pepper sauce and 1 finely chopped green onion or white onion.
Instructions:1. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in center; add yolk, corn kernels, melted butter, nutmeg, if using, and buttermilk.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry to moisten.
4. Heat about 1/4 cup vegetable oil in large heavy skillet.
5. Spoon dollops of dough into skillet; press with spatula to flatten.
6. Fry until golden brown on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes each side, using remaining oil as needed.
7. Remove to paper toweling to drain.
8. Serve warm.