Corn Chowder Recipe
Instructions:1. Cook bacon in a large, preferably non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
2. Add 3 cups of the milk, the potatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
4. While potatoes cook, whisk 1/2 cup of the remaining milk with the flour until blended.
5. Stir milk mixture into soup along with the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the corn.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
7. Add romaine and tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer, or until lettuce is wilted.