Cilantro Corn Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg, or 2 egg whites
- 1 cup buttermilk, or fresh plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn kernels, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup mild chiles, roasted, chopped, peeled, and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Mild salsa
- Sour cream
1. In large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
2. Stir in cornmeal.
3. In another bowl, lightly beat egg or egg whites, add buttermilk, oil, corn, chiles, cilantro and scallions.
4. Add to dry ingredients; stir until combined.
5. Place a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. When hot, brush with oil, then drop batter by large tablespoonfuls onto griddle.
7. Cook until tiny holes form on each pancake.
8. Turn pancakes; brown on other side.
9. Pass mild salsa and sour cream to spoon over pancakes.