Blue Corn-Pecan Pancakes (Vegan) Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 1/2 cup blue or yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or kamut flour
- 1 tbsp nonaluminum baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 3/4 cup milk or water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Grind pecans in a blender or food processor until just finely ground (will turn to nut butter if ground too long).
2. Combine ground pecans with cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Stir well to blend.
4. Refigerate if not for use right away.
5. In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the milk with vegetable oil and vanilla extract and stir well to blend.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well to blend until just smooth.
7. Add extra milk if necessary to create a consistency just thin enough to pour from a laddle.
8. Heat a well-oiled skillet or griddle until a drop of water sizzles when dropped on the surface.
9. Ladle batter onto skillet, about a 1/4 cup for each pancake.