Basic Creamed Corn Recipe
Instructions:1. Melt butter, stir in flour.
2. Add milk slowly, stirring with whisk until completely blended, thickened and gently bubbling.
3. Add kernels and simmer about 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and white pepper.
5. Leftover Creamed Corn; pureed in blender or food processor, makes a quick sauce for shrimp, scallops or crab.
6. Mix cooked seafood into corn sauce, simmer gently and spoon over a toasted English muffin.
7. Although any variety of fresh corn will do, white, thin-skinned kernels make a superb creamed vegetable dish.