Aztec Corn Soup Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups fresh corn, cut from cob
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 4 oz can green chilies, diced
- 4 oz Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a 5 to 6-quart pan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add corn and garlic; cook, stirring, until corn is hot and darker golden in color, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Whirl stock and 2 cups of the corn mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth; add to remaining corn mixture in pan.
5. Stir in milk, oregano and chilies; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
7. Season to taste with salt.
8. Garnish individual servings with tomato and cilantro.