Cream of Cauliflower and Cheese Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. If you want to cut down in the fats in the recipe, use margarine and skim milk for the butter and the milk.
2. In a heavy 4 qt kettle, cook water, onion, basil, salt, and pepper covered for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add cauliflower.
4. Cover and cook until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes.
5. In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
6. Add flour and mix until none of the flour remains white.
7. Slowly add hot stock.
8. Stir with whisk until smooth.
9. Pour into soup and mix well.
10. In saucepan, heat milk.
11. Add cheese and stir over low heat until melted.
12. Add to soup.
13. Mix well and heat until soup begins to steam.