Baked Cauliflower Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large cauliflower
- Salted water
- Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 minced onion
- 1/2 cup finely grated Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 cups light cream
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
1. Break cauliflower into flowerets and boil in salted water until tender.
2. To make cheese sauce, melt butter in saucepan and add onion. Saute slowly until onion is tender.
3. Stir in bread crumbs and add cheese, cream, and egg yolks, mixing well.
4. Put cauliflower in generously buttered baking dish and pour cheese sauce over it.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheeswe turns brown and crusty.
6. Good with green salad and sliced, cold ham.