Fruity Carrot-Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 15 muffins
Special Equipment: Per Muffin:
- 2 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup low-fat soy milk
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
140 calories, 0.7 grams fat (without walnuts)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, bran, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Add the nuts, apricots, and raisins to the dry ingredients, mixing well to prevent large lumps.
4. Pour the Egg Replacer mixture into a blender.
5. Add the soy milk, carrot, and orange juice. Process briefly.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; add the honey.
7. Mix just until moistened.
8. Spoon the batter into fifteen nonstick muffin cups.
9. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.