Caribbean Heat Salad Recipe
Per serving: 259 Calories (kcal); 21g Total Fat; (68% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Instructions:1. In a large skillet, heat the oil, vinegar, and mustard.
2. Add the Scotch bonnet pepper and cloves and cook for about 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the cloves and add the greens, mushrooms, cucumber, and scallions, and cover the pan.
4. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more.
6. Transfer the salad to serving plates.
7. Remove the Scotch bonnet, cut into strips, discard seeds, and serve to those who savor hot food.
8. Season the wilted greens with salt and pepper to taste.