Austrian Homestyle Generic Vegetable Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add flour, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes puffy. For thinner soup, use less flour.
3. Add water, bouillon powder, onions, potatoes and carrots. For vegetables with a more delicate flavor, use less bouillon powder.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are almost done (about 5 to 6 minutes).
6. Add broccoli and return to boil.
7. Simmer for another minute.
8. Makes 3 large servings (which with a chunk of French bread or the like would make a hearty meal, quantity-wise.)