Borscht (Beet Soup) Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb beets
- 1 qt water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Commercial sour cream
1. Wash, scrape and coarsely grate beets.
2. Place beets, water, salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice in a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole.
3. Heat, covered, in microwave oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until beets are tender.
4. Chill soup several hours or overnight.
5. Serve cold, garnished with dollops of sour cream.