Asparagus, Leek, and Potato Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix the first 4 ingredients in small bowl. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using).
2. Melt 1/4 cup unsalted butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat.
3. Add leeks, thyme and bay leaf.
4. Cover and cook until leeks are soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
5. Mix in stock and potatoes.
6. Bring to boil.
7. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
8. Add asparagus and simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
9. Discard bay leaf.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Ladle soup into bowls.
12. Top each with dollop of parsley butter and serve.