Aegean Artichoke and Penne Salad Recipe
Instructions:1. Cut stems off artichokes.
2. Peel off tough outer leaves to reveal yellow-green hearts.
3. Cut artichokes into quarters.
4. Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice with 2 cups water in a medium bowl.
5. Add artichokes to lemon water and toss to prevent discoloration.
7. Steam artichokes until tender, about 20 minutes.
9. In a large pot, bring 2 quarts water to a rapid boil.
10. Add 1 teaspoon salt and penne.
11. Cook penne until al dente, about 10 minutes.
12. Drain and rinse with cold water.
13. To make salad dressing: combine tomato juice, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parlsey, basil, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and puree for 30 seconds.
14. Toss together artichokes, penne, capers, olives and feta cheese in a large bowl salad bowl.
15. Pour dressing over and toss well.