Anne's Summer Salad Recipe
Instructions:1. Peel and slice eggplants.
2. Place in colander and salt lightly.
3. Let stand for 1/2 hour.
4. Preheat grill.
5. Grill eggplant slices and green pepper. Eggplant should be lightly browned and outer green pepper skin charred.
6. Place green pepper in paper bag, let stand for 1/2 hour.
7. Peel green pepper under running water.
8. Dice eggplant slices and green pepper.
9. Place in large bowl.
10. Meanwhile, boil potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
12. Peel, dice and place in bowl with other vegetables.
13. Peel, seed and chop tomato.
14. Chop celery.
15. Slice pitted black olives.
16. Put tomatoes, celery and olives in bowl.
17. Mix well.
1. Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper and basil.
2. Pour over vegetables in bowl.
3. Toss well.
4. Let marinate at room temperature for at least 1/2 hour and then put in fridge.
5. Toss and stir occasionally.