Vanilla Cream Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy saucepan; stir well.
2. Combine egg yolks and milk; gradually stir into sugar mixture.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
4. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
6. Immediately pour into pastry shell.
7. Cover filling with wax paper.
8. Let cool for 30 minutes; then chill until firm.
9. Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
10. Spread whipped cream over filling.