Vanilla Bavarian Cream Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Soften gelatin in cold water.
2. Scald the milk.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and cornstarch.
4. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
5. Add milk and softened gelatin, stirring constantly.
6. Cook custard in double boiler over hot water until it thickens and coats spoon.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add ice cream while custard is hot.
9. Cool thoroughly.
10. Add vanilla.
11. Whip the cream, and fold 1 1/2 cups into cooled custard.
12. Pour filling into pie shell, and refrigerate until set.
13. Garnish with remaining whipped cream.