Traditional Scottish Shortbread Recipe
Instructions:1. Sift the flour, cornflour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients, then rub the butter in with your fingertips.
3. Mix together well. You can also do this in a food processor, or in a tabletop food mixer.
4. Press the shortbread mixture into the tin.
5. Prick the shortbread at even intervals with a fork, and bake in a preheated low oven (300 F) for about 1 hour, until the shortbread is a pale golden colour.
6. Take the tin out of the oven and dust the shortbread liberally with sugar, shaking it evenly over the surface.
7. The sugar will stick to the hot shortbread.
8. Cut the shortbread into squares or rectangle shapes, and cool on a wire rack.
9. Store in an airtight tin.