Toronto Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Grease a 9-inch round layer cake pan and line with wax paper.
2. Combine scalded milk and butter.
3. Sift or blend together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Beat 2 eggs until very light and fluffy.
5. Gradually beat in granulated sugar and vanilla.
6. With mixer at high speed beat eggs and sugar for 1 minute.
7. Fold in dry ingredients and then stir in hot milk mixture.
8. Turn into prepared pan.
9. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
10. Cool in pan.
11. When almost cool, loosen edges and remove from pan.
12. Spilt into two layers, sandwich together with raspberry jam and sprinkle icing sugar on top.