Baby Corn, Bok Choy and Tofu Stir-Fry (Low-Fat) Recipe
Each 1/2 cup serving contains: 89 cals, 6gm protein, 3.7gm total fat, 11.3gm carbo, 0mg chol, 2.6gm fiber, 80mg sodium, 99mg calcium.
Exchanges: 1/4 fat, 3/8 meat, 1/10 starch, 2 vegetable.
Instructions:1. Heat the oil in a wok or 12-inch fry pan.
2. Add the ginger and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
3. Add the bok choy, and cook until the leaves soften and turn a deeper green.
4. Add the tofu, baby corn, sherry, chili paste, and hoisin sauce, and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.
5. In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
6. Move the stir-fry ingredients to the sides of the pan to make a well in the center of the wok or fry pan, and add the cornstarch to the liquid remaining in the well.
7. Stir until the cornstarch clarifies and the mixture thickens.
8. Move the stir-fry ingredients into the well and coat them with the sauce.
9. Serve immediately.