Vegan Sourdough Waffles Recipe
1. This recipe can be used for either sweet or savory waffles. For a delicious breakfast or dessert waffle, add either 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or 1 cup peeled, diced peaches, slightly crushed.
You do have to prepare part of this recipe the night before for the starter to work.
Per Serving: 302 calories, 2 grams fat.
Instructions:1. Mix sourdough starter, soy milk, and 1/2 cup of the whole wheat flour.
2. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
3. When ready to cook, add the remaining 1 cup whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Heat waffle iron, pour in the appropriate amount of batter for your specific model, and spread to the edges of the waffle iron.
5. Close and cook until gently browned.