Southern Biscuit Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well, breaking up any lumps.
2. Work the butter in by hand until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, making sure no lumps are left.
3. Gradually stir in the milk, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
4. Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
5. Bake at 350F until golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
6. The finished muffins should have a thick crust with a cakelike centre.