Sourdough Trail Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cup 90F warm water
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 whole fresh egg
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup instant dry milk
- 1 tsp no-salt (or salt)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
1. Mix the starter, water and flour 24 to 48 hours before making the pancakes. Cover with saran-wrap and allow to stand at room temperature (or in oven out of drafts).
2. In the morning remove and save 1 cup of the starter for future use.
3. To the remaning starter add the raw egg, oil, and dry milk powder.
4. Blend together the salt, soda and sugar and sprinkle over the top of the batter. Fold in gently.
5. Allow batter to rest 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Thin batter with milk, if necessary, in order to achieve consistency of cream.
7. Make silver dollar sized pancakes (using a serving spoon to measure) on a hot greased/oiled griddle.
8. Makes 28 silver dollar-sized pancakes.