Sour Dough Silver Dollar Hotcakes Recipe - Printable Version Makes about 30 pancakes
- 1 cup starter
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp shortening, melted, or oil
- 2 tsp sugar
1. About 12 hours before breakfast, mix starter, flour, milk, and salt.
2. Cover and let stand.
3. Just before frying, remove 1 c batter to replenish starter.
4. To remaining batter add baking soda, eggs, shortening or oil, and sugar. Mix well.
5. Spoon batter on griddle about 2 inches in diameter.