Shoofly Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 3/4 cup dark molasses
- 3/4 cup poiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 standard pastry 9 in crust
1. Make sure the 9-inch pie crust is unbaked.
2. Mix the first four ingredients.
3. With hands, mix next three ingredients.
4. Pour about 1/3 mollasses mixture into pie pan lined with pastry rolled 1/8 inch thick.
5. Sprinkle with 1/3 of flour mixture.
6. Continue alternating layers until all ingredients are used, ending with layer of flour.
7. Bake in preheated moderate oven (375 deg F) for 35 minutes.
8. Serve warm or cold.