Shisky II (Hungarian Doughnuts) Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 shisky
- 1/2 lb butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 qt milk
- 4 pk dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 cup flour (approximately)
- 6 eggs
1. Scald milk. Let cool until lukewarm.
2. Add yeast.
3. Cream butter or margarine with sugar.
4. Add beaten eggs.
5. Now to the butter mixture alternate flour and milk until used up.
6. Knead in bowl until dough does not stick to hands.
7. Let dough rise for 2 or 3 hours until double in bulk.
8. Roll out on floured board to half-inch thickness.
9. Cut with floured glass.
10. Fry in deep fat until lightly brown.
11. Cool and sprinkle with powered sugar or fill with jelly or lekvar.