Shisky (Hungarian Doughnuts) Recipe
Instructions:1. Cream sugar and Crisco, add eggs, one at a time and mix.
2. Sift flour and salt, add flour all at once, and sprinkle yeast over flour, then add liquor to milk, add milk slowly and beat well.
3. Let rise in a warm place to double size, punch down and let rise second time to double its size.
4. Then roll out 1/3 inch thick, cut out with glass or doughnut cutter.
5. Let rise on board or on clean towel on table until very light, about 1/2 hour.
6. Drop into deep hot fat, not boiling, and fry on both sides.
7. Drain on brown absorbent paper.
8. When cool, sprinkle with powered or confectionery sugar.