Satay-Satay Hurricane Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, shallot, onion, chili, paprika and oil.
2. Process until smoothly combined and pureed.
3. Place in a small saucepan over low heat and cook for 15 to 20 minutes to release the flavours, stirring occasionally so it does not burn.
4. Set the mixture aside and let it cool to room temperature.
5. In a large saucepan, combine 4 tablespoons of the garlic-onion mixture with galanga, lemon grass, lime leaves, chicken stock, fish sauce and sugar.
6. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
7. Add the shrimp, crab claw, mussels and fish to the stock.
8. Let the soup return to a boil again and simmer for a minute or two.
9. Add lime juice, and garnish with chopped green onion and coriander root.