Smoked Salmon and Dill Waffles Recipe
Instructions:1. Softened cream cheese and finely chopped scallions or sour cream and salmon caviar for topping.
2. Preheat your waffle iron.
3. If you want to hold the finished waffles until serving time, preheat your oven to 200'F.
4. Melt the butter; reserve.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
6. In another bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs until well blended.
7. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk gently to combine.
8. Fold in the salmon, onion, dill and melted butter.
9. Lightly butter or spray the grids of your iron, if needed.
10. Brush or spray the grids again only if subsequent waffles stick.
11. Spoon out 1/2 cup of batter (or the amount recommended by your waffle maker's manufacturer) onto the hot iron.
12. Spread the batter evenly over the grids with a metal spatula or wodden spoon, stopping right before the edge.
13. Close the lid and bake until golden and crisp.
14. Serve immediately or keep the waffles, in a single layer, on a rack in the preheated oven while you make the rest of the batch.
15. To serve, add a scoop of cream cheese and a sprinkling of chopped scallions or a generous spoonful of sour cream and some salmon caviar.