Panned Fried Fish with Pecan Topping Recipe
1. Into a food processor place the pecans, butter, lemon juice, pepper, garlic, Worcestershire and salt.
2. Process until uniform.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet to 350 F Heat enough oil to cover the fish filets half way.
4. Dredge the fish in flour. Shake off any excess.
5. Drop the fish filets in the hot fat and fry for seven minutes on a side (depending on the thickness of a fish).
6. The fish are done when they are opaque and flake easily with a fork.
7. Place the fried filets on a broiler pan and cover with the pecan topping.
8. Place the broiler pan in the oven about 6 inches away from the flame and broil for up to a minute. The fat content is so high here that you shouldn't leave the fish alone. They will cook quickly and there is always the potential for burning.
9. Serve hot on a plate garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.