Hawaiian Fish with Thai Banana Salsa Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 2 lb hawaiian fish, cut into 6 equal portions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Thai Banana Salsa:
- 1 large firm-ripe banana
- 1 tsp oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped golden raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp Japanese chili spice
1. Pat fish with chopped cilantro and saute (see cooking basics).
2. Set fish on 6 warm plates; spoon salsa alongside.
3. Add cilantro sprigs and salt to taste.
Thai Banana Salsa
1. Peel and halve lengthwise banana.
2. In a nonstick 10-12" frying pan over high heat, brown banana well in sesame oil, about 8 minutes.
3. Chop banana. Mix with raisins, cilantro, lemon peel and Japanese chili spice.