Halibut Baked with Herbs Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 6 portions halibut steaks, or 1 2-lb fillet
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, cut up
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Herb Mix No. 1
- 1 tsp onion flakes, rehydrated and drained
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- Dash pepper
- Herb Mix No. 2
- 1/2 cup rice chex, crushed finely
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 tsp sweet basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
1. Wipe fish with a damp cloth, dot with butter, and sprinkle lemon juice over all.
2. Use either of the spice mixes shown below.
3. Bake at 350 degree F for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Do not overbake or it will dry out.
5. Serve garnished with lemon wedge and parsley sprigs.
Herb Mix No. 1:
1. Prepare onions and sprinkle over the top of the fish. Combine the remaining herbs/spices and sprinkle on halibut.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes to absorb the flavors.
3. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Herb Mix No. 2:
1. Mix all ingredients together well.
2. Sprinkle over fish; use only enough to lightly cover fish or it will taste dry.
3. The remaining mix will store well in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator.