Grilled Hawaiian Fish in Basil-Coconut Curry Recipe
Instructions:1. Spoon sauce equally onto 6 warm plates; set fish in sauce and garnish with basil.
2. Add salt to taste. Serve.
Basil-Coconut Curry Sauce:
1. In a 1 1/2 to 2 quart pan on high heat, bring to a boil white wine, fresh ginger, fresh lemon grass (or lemon peel), kaffir lime leaves and red curry paste.
2. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
3. In a blender, whirl mixture with cornstarch and coconut milk until smooth.
4. Return to pan (with 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves if not using fresh, following).
5. Stir sauce over high heat until boiling.
6. If made ahead, chill airtight up to 1 day.
7. Reheat to simmering; if needed, add coconut milk to thin.
8. Stir in fresh basil leaves.
9. Use hot.
Red Curry Paste:
1. Rinse chili; stem, seed and break into small pieces.
2. In a 6-8" frying pan over medium heat, stir garlic in salad oil until golden, about 2 minutes.
3. Add chili, coriander, cumin, and cardamom pod seeds.
4. Stir just until chili browns lightly, about 45 seconds.
5. Use hot or cold.