Whole Flounder with Herb Marinade Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside for up to 2 hours.
2. Dress or pan-dress the fish, rinse well, and pat dry.
3. Slash the thicker part of both fillets with 1 or 2 shallow diagonal cuts through the skin and into the meat.
4. Set aside 1 tbsp marinade and rub the rest all over the surface of the fish and into the cuts.
5. Set aside on a plate for 15 minutes.
6. Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill.
7. Oil the grill rack and place fish dark-skin side down.
8. Grill for 4 minutes, or until skin releases easily from grill.
9. Turn, baste with any marinade remaining on the plate, and continue grilling until a thin skewer easily penetrates thickest part of the fish, another 2 to 4 minutes.