Broiled Flounder Recipe
Instructions:1. Place the egg yolks in a blender, food processor or deep bowl.
2. Blend in the salt, pepper and mustard. If blending by hand, use a small whisk. 3. If using the machine, pour the oil through the funnel in a thin, steady stream with the machine running. If mixing by hand, add oil a few drops at a time, beating well in between each addition.
4. When half the oil has been added, the rest may be added in a thin steady stream while beating constantly with a small whisk.
5. Mix in the relish, parsley, lemon juice and tobasco.
6. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the mayonnaise created through step 4.
7. Broil the fish about 2 inches from the heat source for about 6-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets.
8. Spread the sauce over each filet and broil for 3-5 minutes longer, or until the sauce puffs and browns lightly.