Crimini-Shingled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Instructions:To Roast Tomatoes: 1. Cut a cross into the top of tomatoes and blanch in boiling water for 5 seconds.
2. Drop into ice water to stop cooking.
3. Peel, quarter and seed tomatoes.
4. In a saucepan, combine olive oil, fresh herbs, garlic cloves and tomatoes.
5. Cover and slowly roast in a preheated oven at 200° for about 1 hour or until tender.
6. Remove from oven; discard herbs.
7. Reserve in separate bowls the garlic cloves, tomato petals and olive oil.
To Make Mashed Potatoes:
8. Boil peeled potatoes until fork tender in salted water.
9. Strain and puree in a food mill or use mixer to whip In the meantime, heat heavy cream and add 2 tbs.
10. olive oil from the roasted tomatoes.
11. With a fork, mash the roasted garlic (from above) and add potatoes and garlic into the hot cream.
12. Stir with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
13. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
To Cook Fish:
14. Use very firm crimini mushrooms or button mushrooms only.
15. Cut off stems; slice mushrooms as thinly as possible.
16. Shingle slice mushrooms atop the fillet.
17. Season with salt and pepper just before searing the fish.
18. In a sauté pan, add olive oil and sear fish fillet with the mushroom side down for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are golden.
19. Turn fish and finish cooking in preheated oven at 375° for about 5 to 7 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
20. Serve fish atop bed of garlic mashed potatoes, with roasted tomato petals around plate.