Original Baked Cod with Chive Potato Puree and Tomato Caper Sauce Recipe
Instructions:For the Potatoes:
1. Boil potatoes until tender.
2. Heat cream or milk.
3. In mixer, blend potatoes the butter, cream or milk, salt and white pepper.
4. Add chives to potato puree before serving to retain color.
For the Sauce:
6. In sauce pan over medium-high heat add olive oil.
7. Add shallot, garlic, and plum tomatoes.
8. Saute for two minutes and then add white wine.
9. Reduce heat and let tomatoes and wine cook slowly until tomatoes fall apart.
10. Finish sauce with capers, parsley, butter, and salt and pepper.
For the Fish:
12. Mix bread crumbs with coriander seed.
13. Season cod fish filet with salt and pepper and dredge top side of fish first in egg, then in bread crumbs.
14. Heat 12 inch oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
15. Add vegetable oil.
16. Place fish in pan so that the bread crumbs cook golden brown in the oil.
17. Turn fish over, remove extra oil from pan and place in oven to finish cooking.
18. About five minutes depending on thickness of filet.
19. In the middle of dinner plate place a portion of chive potatoes.
20. Place the cod fish filet over the potatoes and spoon caper-tomato sauce over the fish.
21. Garnish with chives and parsley sprig.