Catfish Pecan Meuniere Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine the flour with 2 teaspoons of the rub in a shallow bowl.
2. In another shallow bowl, blend the eggs and milk together.
3. Season the fish with the remaining 2 teaspoons rub.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Dredge the fillets in the flour, coating evenly.
6. Dip the fillets in the egg mixture.
7. Dredge again in the flour.
8. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, lay the fillets in the skillet.
9. Pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden.
10. Transfer to a warm platter.
11. Discard any oil remaining in the skillet and wipe clean with paper towels.
12. Return the skillet to the stove.
13. Over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
14. When the butter foams, add the pecans and stir constantly for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
15. Add the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and cream.
16. Stir with a whisk for about 15 seconds and remove from the heat.
17. Add the salt, cayenne, and remaining 6 tablespoons butter, broken into small chips, and stir until the butter melts completely.
18. Spoon the sauce over the fillets and serve.