Beer Catfish Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup beer (your favorite brand)
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 3-oz catfish fillets, cut into 3" strips (3 to 5)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Combine 1 cup flour, beer, garlic salt, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Dip catfish strips in remaining flour and then in batter.
3. Fry in hot oil in a deep-fryer or skillet until golden brown.
4. Drain on absorbent towels.
5. Serve hot with your favorite sauce.