Bouillabaise Recipe - Printable Version Serves 1
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28 ounce can tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb fin fish (red snapper, flounder, trout) with liquid
- 2 cup fish stock, clam juice or chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 lb shrimp, lobster, scallops, crab meat - any or all
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tsp salt
- 18 small clams, mussels or lobsters claws - any or all
- 1/2 tsp thyme, basil, saffron
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 shallots minced
1. Cut boneless pieces of fish into bite size pieces.
2. Remove shells from shrimp, lobster, crab.
3. Scrub clams and mussels.
4. Saute onions, garlic and shallots in oil on low heat until lightly golden.
5. In a large pot, put in all liquids and seasonings except parsley.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add all seafood, mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot in large bowls.
10. Top with parsley.
11. Serve with crusty bread, semi-soft cheese and a tossed salad.