Bluefish in Parchment Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp margarine, tub style, reduced calorie
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp dried savory
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 4 pieces parchment paper (12" squares), or aluminum foil
- 1 1/2 cup barley, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked
- 4 bluefish or salmon fillets
- 3 to 4 oz each
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. In medium nonstick skillet, melt margarine.
2. Add scallions; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, pepper, savory and marjoram; stir-fry 4 minutes, until just tender, set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 400F.
5. Cut each parchment square into a large heart shape and place on work surface.
6. In medium bowl, combine snow peas, barley and rice.
7. Divide barley mixture equally over one half of each heart; place bluefish on top of barley.
8. Divide vegetables equally over bluefish; sprinkle with salt.
9. Fold parchment loosely to enclose filling.
10. Starting at one end turn edges together in overlapping folds to make a tight seal.
11. Place packets on baking sheet.
12. Bake 12 minutes, until puffed.
13. To serve, place packets on dinner plates; slit open carefully and fold top parchment back.