Broiled Striped Bass Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1 striped bass, six-pound
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped, peeled
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cup wine, dry white
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cream sauce
1. Fillet and skin the bass.
2. Cook it in wine in a hot oven in the juice of a lemon and the tbsp of butter for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the fillets; reduce the cooking liquid by boiling, then add the chopped tomatoes and cook the works until done.
4. Finally, add 1 cup cream sauce, chopped parsley, chopped chives, and the yolks of two eggs.
5. Cook, stirring until thick and creamy.
6. Pour over the bass fillets and serve.