Baked Bass Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 (5 lb) bass or equivalent
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 2 can tomato sauce
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cooking wine
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
1. Sprinkle fish with lemon juice and season well, ahead of time, preferably overnight.
2. Wilt onions, and bell pepper in margarine.
3. Add tomato sauce and whole tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes in uncovered pot.
4. Add 2 cups cold water and seasoning to taste along with dash of Tabasco.
5. Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add wine and pour mixture over fish you have placed in a baking dish.
7. Bake in 325 degree oven for 40 minutes.
8. Baste several times.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and onion tops and serve, garnishing with slices of lemon.