Barbecued Skewers of Fish (Seekh Ki Machali) Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 lb firm white fish
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 inch fresh root ginger
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 hot green chili peppers
1. Fillet and skin fish, then cut into 11/2 inch cubes.
2. Put about 5 pieces on each skewer and sprinkle with salt.
3. Make a paste from the garlic, ginger, spices, and yoghurt and use to cover the fish.
4. Leave for a few hours, then grill.
5. The skewers can be sprinkled with a little oil during cooking, if required.
6. Garnish with the lemon cut into wedges and fine rings of seeded green chili pepper.