Baked Fish with Almond Stuffing Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 5 1/2 lb whole bass or red snapper, cleaned and washed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 8 tbsp butter
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until soft.
3. Add bread crumbs, celery, green pepper, almonds, eggs, parsley and tarragon and mix well.
4. Stuff cavity of fish with mixture and sew shut.
5. Melt 8 tablespoons butter, line a large shallow baking dish with foil, and pour a little melted butter over the bottom.
6. Place fish on the foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting frequently with remaining melted butter, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
8. Do not overcook.