Crawfish Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Instructions:1. Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
2. Season the water with salt.
3. Bring the potatoes up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
4. Simmer the potatoes until fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and drain.
6. Place the drained potatoes back in the pot and return to the heat.
7. Cook the potatoes for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, to dehydrate the potatoes.
8. In a saute pan, melt the butter.
9. Saute the potatoes in the melted butter for 2 minutes.
10. Stir in the garlic and chives.
11. Season the crawfish with Essence.
12. Using a hand-held masher, mash the potatoes with the remaining butter.
13. Fold in the crawfish and continue mashing.
14. Add in enough cream to the desired texture.
15. Season the mashed potatoes with salt and white pepper.
16. Spoon the two sauces on the bottom of the plate.
17. Using a knife, swirl the 2 sauces together.
18. Mound the potatoes in the center of the sauce.
19. Lay the fish directly on top of the potatoes.
20. Garnish with the fried herb salad, parsley, and peppers.