Poached Eggs and Crabmeat with Brandied Cream Sauce Recipe
Instructions:Brandied Cream Sauce:
1. In a heavy saucepan melt butter, add onions and saute‚ until they are soft but not brown.
2. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
3. Whisk in milk and cook until sauce thickens and is smooth.
4. In a small pan warm brandy and ignite.
5. When the flame subsides add to the sauce with the lemon juice, cayenne and salt.
6. Taste for seasoning.
7. Keep warm while you prepare the crabmeat and eggs.
Crabmeat and Eggs:
8. Melt butter in a skillet and add crabmeat, salt and cayenne to taste.
9. Saute the crabmeat for about 6 minutes over medium heat.
10. Poach eggs in water with 1-2 tb vinegar.
11. Divide sauteed crabmeat among 4 ramekins and cover each portion with 2 poached eggs.
12. Top with brandied cream sauce.
13. Sprinkle with paprika.
14. Serve with toast or garlic bread.