Grilled Sesame Crab Hash Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the broiler.
2. In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients (through the first salt and pepper) and toss gently with two forks until well mixed.
3. Shape the crab mixture into 6 large patties.
4. Place on a rack in a broiler pan, brush with the olive oil, and broil until golden, about 5 minutes.
5. Carefully turn on the other side and broil for 5 minutes more.
6. Place each patty on a plate and spoon 1/4 cup of the black bean sauce on one side of the patty and 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce on the other.
Black Bean Sauce (makes 1 1/2 cups):
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, ginger and black beans.
3. Cook, stirring gently for 1 minute.
4. Add the fish stock (or clam juice, or water), soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar.
5. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add the cornstarch/water mixture and stir over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
Tomato Sauce (makes 1 1/2 cups):
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the shallots and garlic.
3. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook uncovered until the tomatoes are soft, about 7 minutes.
5. Stir in the basil and cook for 1 minute.