Grilled Maryland Soft Crabs and Seafood Marinade Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 12 maryland soft crabs, live or frozen
- Seafood Marinade:
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp lemon and pepper seasoning
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest; or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
1. Dress live crabs (see below); thaw crabs if frozen.
2. Liberally baste bottom sides of crabs with marinade and carefully p-lace, bottom side down, on barbecue grill.
3. Grill over slow fire, at least 12 inches from coals, for 5 minutes.
4. Liberally baste top of crabs with marinade, turn carefully and grill five minutes more.
5. Makes six servings, two crabs each.
Dressing Soft Shell Crabs:
1. Use only live crabs.
2. With a sharp knife, cut off "apron" or flap that folds under the rear of the body.
3. Turn the crab and cut off the face at a joint just back of the eyes.
4. Lift each point at the sides with the fingers, remove the gills, and wash the crabs in cold water.
5. Pat dry with paper towels.
1. Mix ingredients together. Let stand several hours at room temperature to let flavors blend before using.
2. Use for basting when grilling or broiling soft crabs, fish, etc.